Sunday 22 November 2015

The Hobbit

Everyone must know that The Hobbit sequel has become very popular and is such a massive thing. But of course with such a massive thing to create, creatures and the characters wouldn't have taken just a few days, oh no it took 26 days just to film one scene so it was a very long process but defiantly a rewarding one when you can sit back and watch and say that you worked on this film. Here are some more facts and figures from the blockbuster movie The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. It took 25 months for the texture department to get Smaug's skin right.  4 tons of silicone was used to create the facial prosthetics, as well another 14 tons to create weapons and armour. After creating all those pieces it then took 5 hours to create the hair, make up and costume for each of the dwarfs. Then for Bilbo there was over 100 hobbit feet just for him in this one movie. There was 263 beards made for this film, with 7 kilometres of toupe tape used to help attach the beards to the face. 91 of those beards were just for the 13 dwarfs. Then of course there needs to be a substance to take all this make up off so with 860 bottles of Isopropyl alcohol to remove everything. AND for the whole trilogy of The Hobbit 11,862 prosthetics were made.
I genuinely love film like this, it all started when I started to watch Lord Of the Rings but of course it wasn't just once it was quite a few times and then it became more and more so much to the point where I can watch it and not pay attention for a while and still know what is happening. Although it was never like this I can remember at christmas Lord Of the Rings was always on and I hated it, I think it was because of the creature Golem he used to scary me so much, but as I grew up and watched it again it wasn't that bad at all and I don't know why I was scared. I was thrilled to hear that they were making the book of the hobbit into a film, and when I went to see it in the cinema it was defiantly worth the wait, it was amazing and it is so action packed that you don't even realise you have been sitting there for three hours. 




Image 1: http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-poster-22.jpg [22nd November]
Image 2: https://flixchatter.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/thehobbit_makeup.jpg?w=660 [22nd November 2015]





No comments:

Post a Comment