Sunday 29 November 2015

Technical Evaluation

I am really pleased at how much I have learnt this unit with all these techniques, I already knew a small amount of how to mould, sculpting and casting but not with silicone. I made sure that I listened to what was being said at all time and taking notes and I am so glad that I did as it made it so much easier when it came to sculpting, making the silicone moulds, filling the moulds, applying the moulds I created as well colouring the moulds. The part I found most stressful and overwhelming was when it was time to measure out Silicone A and Silicone B, as it was the first any of us had done and I felt like there was so much pressure to make sure I measured out the exactly amount of Silicone A to Silicone B and not to waste any products.The things I found the hardest was making the baldiez mixture and working out how much deadener to put in, I know I could do it but I would think about it  too much and get myself all confused. The only problem I had when creating my hybrid is when it came to filling in the moulds with a silicone mixture, the scales kept turning off and when they turned back on a different number appeared, so I wasn't sure how the measurement went and I think I ended up so I was worried about how my piece would come out, when it came out it felt so watery and weird but I quite liked it at the same especially because they were gills and it actually worked out really well.

Now finishing this unit and looking back I have learnt so much more and feel so much more confident as well. I learnt how important it is for us to follow the health and safety rules, as if you don't wear a mask when dealing with the products it can all get a bit to much and give you a head so it is key that when creating pieces you are in a well ventilated place and making sure you keep the window open at all times. We have also learn that silicone is such a sensitive substance and anything top it from setting such as aloe vera and even sculpting and making the silicone moulds with garlic in the air from cooking can effect it. I have also really enjoyed learning about all the new products and I would have loved to have done this unit all year around as I feel like there is so much we could have done and learnt about, as special effects is such a big thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment