Monday 9 November 2015

Brave | Reflection

So the first half of my optional unit is complete, and it is the biggest relief at the moment, as I feel like everything is pilling up its almost like I'm drowning in work. But getting to tick off one part of the unit feel so good and I don't feel so suffocated. I have learnt a lot in this unit, I already knew a bit about special effects but that was only at a college level. Learning how to create a prosthetic piece with silicone and applying it, was probably the most thing I have enjoyed so far, it was a little overwhelming and I felt a bit pressured to make sure that I don't contaminate silicone A and B together otherwise it is over, and I would have to purchase more and that seemed like a lot of effort than just making sure I do things slowly and accurate and don't rush things. I haven't really had any major problems with this process really, apart from when I took the piece out of the mould and it ripped a little bit and also got holes around near the mould which was annoying as I think it has effected my wound.
I am hoping that I get to carry on with doing special effects in my next year of study and in the future,  as this is something that I have really enjoyed and I don't want it stop yet, I just wish that this was a year unit as this something I have really been interest into and what actually got me into makeup. I am also looking forward to creating a hybrid for the next part of my unit, as there is so much you can make from it especially being nature themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment