Monday 16 November 2015

New | Costume for My Hybrid


In a previous post I was talking about how I was going to create this coat for my hybrid. I was planning to use the hot glue gun at uni however when I got there, there was none left so to over come this problem I went and brought one myself which I didn't think would be much a bad idea as I will always have one and will not have to reply on either using someone else's or even going in to uni to borrow theres. At first I thought it was going to be easy just sticking them down, but when it came to actually trying to glue the first then place it on the coat I just ended up burning my fingers and getting the glue stuck to my hands, I then thought about placing the glue straight on to the jacket then adding the shells on, which was a lot quicker but I also had to work at a fast paces because they glue would dry so quickly. Although this way was a lot simpler and I didn't get so much glue on me however every so often I would stick my finger in the glue on the coat by accident. I also had some butterflies in my box of all sorts which I am sure everyone has a box of things that they think can come in handy. In the end after finishing the coat I ended up using 6 sticks of glue and I am so glad now that I did buy it and didn't use all of the uni's supply as I would have felt so bad as others students were using it to making sure their sculpts had a barrier around it. Below is an image of coat that I will have my model to wear, as I used a wax jacket it was already quite heavy and placing these embellishments on top made it a lot heavier, so when it comes to shooting my hybrid I will ask my model to put the coat on at the last minute and as after a while it can become uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment