Sunday 15 November 2015

New | Creating My Character

After creating my pieces for my hybrid, I thought how I could enhance my hybrid even more with the use of a costume, at first I wasn't too sure what I could do as my hybrid is a cross between a woodland creature like a faun or a ram, and then the other half is a sea creature like a merman or some sort of fish. SO I thought about maybe doing some sort of fish tail with some pitch fork with a crown, so that he was some sort of underwater king. Then I thought about maybe doing something on the bottom half that represented the woodland creature with some leggings with crepe hair over it, then it came to me that with either of these designs it wouldn't make much sense.
When I was looking at images for inspiration I came across one that has a man in jacket with sea things on it, which I really like the look off, so I thought I would recreate it some how. At home I have an old wax jacket that I am going to use, I also went to the beach at the weekend to collect a lot of sea shells. It definitely was not the best trip to sea I have had, as soon as we got there I needed a wee badly and it was so windy that as soon as I opened my car door it blew shut, eventually I got out the car and the wind and rain was just so much by the time we collected the shells we were soaked. I am pleased at how many shells we managed to get and my boyfriend even found a shell that had pretty pink and purple shimmers, which you can see in the images below.


The next part I have to do now is attached them to the coat somehow, hopefully with the help from a hot glue gun will make them stick, I also want to try and see if fullers earth will stick to coat which hopefully will make it look old. I will also have some fish net tights which I will add over my model then dust with powder to make scales on the skin, as my model as a hairy chest I am using this to my advantage for the effect of a woodland creature I may also add in some crepe hair to make it look more hairy or maybe try and paint on the effect of hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment