Sunday 29 November 2015

Final Project Evaluation

With this project I have learnt so much more than I already knew. I learnt how to create prosthetic pieces using a silicone mixture, and the importance that silicone has to be measured out accurately to be able to create these moulds. I preferred this way of making moulds as before I learnt a way that took almost two days to do where as this way with the silicone you can create something within the day. I really enjoyed trying to create a fork wound, at first I found it a bit difficult but after researching and coming across this heretics fork I was excited to try and create a wound that was from a fork.

For my hybrid I decided to go for a creature that was half land creature and sea creature. I really enjoyed this part of the unit as it allowed us to do anything that we wanted and there was so much that I wanted to do and I know I couldn't put everything together in one hybrid, so I felt a little overwhelmed, and my ideas sort of just halted for the time and I was dabbing between two ideas. I finally came up with my idea and then I knew I didn't have long to create these pieces to make my hybrid look they way I wanted it. When making these pieces I found it very therapeutic and enjoyable and I think my work came out really well for how much time we had and how much we learnt as sometimes it was quite overwhelming with how much we had to take in as well keeping up to date with all my blogging, but I have definitely found it easier this year to keep blogging, I think it is because I love these like this and this is what initially got me in to makeup.


No comments:

Post a Comment