Wednesday 18 November 2015

New | Week 8 | Creating My Hybrid

When I got into class I set up as usual, and starting to apply my prosthetic pieces, however before I actually applied my first one I spent a little bit of time working out which would be best to do first. I chose to do the gills on first as I knew I was having trouble will releasing it from the mould, so I thought that I would spend time on the gills, as they were so delicate from where I accidentally put too much deadener in. Before I applied the piece I had to cut away some the edges and this was difficult as it was so slippery and bendy and trying to cut it without ruining was quite nerve racking.
So it came it actually applying it now and I thought cutting it was hard! When applying pros aide to my piece it was flip flopping everywhere, the sides were sticking and it was so horrible, I decided to then just try and stick the edges of the piece to my hand so that at least the sides wouldn't fold in and make it impossible for me to bend it. When all the pros aide was dry it was time to stick it on to the skin, obviously I knew it would take a while and it would be difficult as I stuck it to my hand, but saying that with me worrying about it, it actually came off my hand really easy, and it was a piece of cake. When blending this piece it didn't take long at all, I literally couldn't believe it wasn't taking as long as I thought it would which made me feel a lot more confident, especially as it gave me more time to do the rest of the look.

Once my gills were in place, stuck down and were blended perfectly, it was time to try and place the horns on and this was a struggle, trying to put pros aide on to the piece was extremely difficult as again the sides would fold over it also didn't help that my hand was still sticky from the other piece that I had just applied. I managed to stick one on fine and then it just started to go down hill really. Sticking on the second one I thought I was doing fine and when it was stuck down and complete it was odd, the application was even and everything was okay with that it was just that the horn was facing the other way, but it wasn't a massive difference, when it came to blending in the horn its was so easy apart from where I had got some silicone mixture on the baldiez so I couldn't blend it in perfectly to skin. Of course it wasn't much of a big deal, because I was just going to cover it with make up. Also it doesn't matter as it is a hybrid so I can and will change my idea of a hybrid. The next part of doing the make up was fine and didn't take me long at all. I had a general idea what I wanted my hybrid to look like however I did change a few things on the day just because I felt like something needed more and also some things didn't go to plan so I had to change a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment