Sunday 4 October 2015

Brave | Lesson 1

It was my first lesson with special effects, which we just went over the brief that I explained in a previous blog post. But just to recap in pairs we have to create a wound out of weapon, which we then model for each other with the same weapon but made our moulds differently. The next part is to create a human hybrid with the help of silicone pieces. We will also need to think about how to make our hybrids without the emphasis of it being on clothing but of accessories on the body.

As I said earlier about creating a wound of a weapon, the way we got given a weapon was for my lecturer to come around with a bag with various weapons written on a piece of paper, I put my hand in and out came the piece of paper with the word fork written on it. When I read that we had a fork I was a little disappointed as I thought it was going to be quite boring, however then I thought it was going to be hard as forks prongs are tiny so the wound would have to be precise. But when I got into researching it all that came up was people with a pitch fork thought there bum. It was also really hard trying to come up with visuals for wound created by a fork. However whilst I was still researching I came across a heretics fork which was used as a torture weapon, and with discussing with my partner we decide that we will go with this idea.

Once we found out the second part of the brief about the human hybrid, I was excited and nervous as there are so many things you could do with it and so many ideas came flooding into my head, but then Kat went on to say how it has a natured inspired behind it and the way I felt about it was like oh god great I have no idea what I am going to do?! But after that one minute of stressed out I thought I've got a few weeks before I need an actual idea and after that I wasn't stressed out but I wouldn't of really called it stress either maybe more worried.


No comments:

Post a Comment