Wednesday 14 October 2015

Brave | Lesson 2

Sculpting:

In this weeks lesson we started to sculpt our wounds with the sulphur free clay.
When we were doing this I felt like a had a bit of an advantage of how to sculpt as I had done it in my previous college, which allowed me to get on with it straight away. The next challenging thing for me was to create the holes of the heretics fork as there is only two of them it isn't as hard but the shape was a bit tricky as they are pointed then get bigger and go a square sort of shape. It took a little while but I think I sort of got there by using one of the tools with a pointed end placing it in the clay and then spinning the plastic tray around slowly whilst pushing in the tool to create that sort of shape.

After having a conversation with my parter whilst doing the mould, we decided that we were going to have the fork present in our photos, we looked online for heretics fork however they were quite expensive. We then thought about making a heretics fork in which we did and is in another blog post explaining how we made it. After making the fork we both re did our scultpures and used the fork to make the dents and now that I have made that change I feel like my wound will look more realsitic when I apply to my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment