Wednesday 14 October 2015

Making of Wound | Sculpturing

Equipment:
- NSP -Sulfur Free Clay
- Sculpting Tools
- Clay Cutting Wire
- Scraping Tool
- Heretics Fork
- Hair Dryer
- Black Gloves
- Plastic Palette  


Method:
 1: The first step is to warm up the sulfur free clay with a hair dryer, by doing this it will make the clay more pliable and easier to work with when creating the shape for the mould. Using the clay cutting wire to cut off a small piece of clay.


2: Making sure you are wearing black gloves as the silicone solution is very sensitive, which I will talk about in a separate blog post. With the small piece of clay either roll it into a ball or a sausage shape, I went for an in between shape, and spread a small amount so that the clay is stuck on the plastic palette.



3: Using a scraping a tool smooth out the edges and making sure that it goes out smoothing as this will make it easier when creating the piece. I also scraped away the clay that would be in between the two holes so that it makes the skin look more swollen when I put it on. The next step is to place the heretics fork that I made in to the clay, I then wiggled the fork about a bit so that the mould wouldn't be just two boring holes.


4:Once I was happy with the shape I made I then had to go over the place the middle bit where I scraped away just to make sure it was all smooth and there was no harsh edges.


5: The final step is to cover the sculpture with cling film, so no dirt or dust will get stuck in the clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment